Advertiise.com is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers and users. The following policy discusses how personal information received by Advertiise.com will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to comply with its provisions, Advertiise.com seeks to opt in to the Privacy Act (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its customers. We do this so that our customers will have confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security for our customers.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- Email address, phone number, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- Transactional information based on your activities on the sites (such as bidding, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- Payment, billing and other information you provide to purchase or lease Advertising Space or services;
- Community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, and correspondence sent to us;
- Other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content and advertising, including device ID, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself or if we believe you are violating site policies (for example, we may ask you to send us an ID or bill to verify your address, or to answer additional questions online to help verify your identity or ownership of an item you list);
- Information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- Other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to Advertiise.com, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law).
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure and improve our services, content and advertising;
- Tell you about our services and those of our corporate family, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- Compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- Send auto-dialed and prerecorded messages regarding transactions and fee collections to the telephone numbers (including wireless and cellular) you have provided us; and
- Other uses as described when we collect the information.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Members of the Advertiise.com Inc. corporate family, to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support);
- To help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of our policies; and
- To guide decisions about their products, services and communications.
- Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications only if you've requested their services;
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, and affiliate and rewards programs;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Advertiise.com user to legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, ZIP code, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, bidding and listing history, and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation;
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
If you access our sites from a shared computer or a computer in an internet café, certain information about you, such as your User ID, activity or reminders from Advertiise.com, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
You agree to use user information only for:
- Advertiise.com transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages;
- Using services offered through Advertiise.com (such as escrow, shipping, and fraud complaints); or
- Other purposes that a user expressly chooses
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session;
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services;
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the sites that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)